Monday, September 21, 2009

My Problem with the Plunge

Don't get me wrong. It's not the Plunge's fault. I am a fickle woman. The grass is always greener near someone else's project. You see when I signed up for the 52 Pair Plunge, I didn't want to knit anything but socks. And now that I'm, what, three months in I can't seem to finish a pair. It's not even a case of second sock syndrome. I can't seem to finish the first one. So far I have a number of socks on the needles, all unfinished:
*Leyburns
*Broadripple
*Leefilng
*Hedera
*Monkeys
*Coupling
*Coiriolis
*Esther
*Moss stitch for Zoe
*Embossed Leaves

So what have I been doing instead? Sweater, and scarves.

Zoe's Haiku

This one's called 198 yards of Heaven. I found it on Ravelry and I'm finally using the Ming I bout in San Fransisco three years ago. It really is Heaven to work with. I can't wait to drape it around my neck. It's getting cold enough around here to do that. Maybe that's my problem I'm working seasonally.... But that would make socks a smart choice.... So here's my new goal. I will do my best to finish two pairs of socks before I work on the munchkins next cardigan. Oh yeah did I mention I cast on for another one. And I've been working on my Minimalist Cardigan too. I love sweaters but I've never been so excited to knit them. Maybe my hormones are just out whack. It's as logical as any other excuse.

For the Indiana Girls here are some pictures from the first day of school:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She's getting so big!! Glad to hear life is treating you well. Take Care

Courtney said...

That can't be my Munchkin. She's too, too big. Tell her she has to walk around with a brick on her head.

We miss you!