Thursday, August 02, 2012

Fashionistas

I have a weak spot for fashion. I'm not a fashionista, but I love Project Runway, Vogue magazine, and sewing my own knock offs. So is it any wonder that I got sucked into Jane by Design last night? I set up the laptop on my sewing table for Netflix to run in the background, planning on Dr. Who, but got sucked into "Jane" instead.
This is the perfect combination of Prety in Pink and The Devil Wears Prada. You have all the social nonsense of high school cliches and the back stabbing fervor of the fashion industry, not to mention awesome cameos of real designers. I may have actually squeeled when Patrica Field showed up. And I have to say it was the perfect level of entertainment to sew along with. I could look up and keep in step with it, but not have to be glued to screen. I wouldn't say it's earth shattering television, but it sure is fun. So if you have that teenage-fashion intereseted part of you looking for a little attention, give it a shot!

No comments: