Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Rainy Day

It's raining, again. And I have a head cold/sinus thing. So I'm not too perky. I am almost done with my sockapalozza socks. They should be done in the next few days and I'll get a picture up. I like them so much I almost hate to send them away. But they're too big for me so I guess I can let go. And then to finish my brother's sweater. He asked me to knit him a sweater, oh about two maybe even three years ago. And I cast on but never really got anywhere with it. So I promised him that I would finish it for his birthday. Not that anyone in their right mind needs a wool sweater in August, but it does put me on deadline. So, hopefully I can get most of the socks finished at work today (there will be a lot of hurry up, now wait time)so I can get cracking on Jesse's Flames. I have the front finished and I'm working on an arm, but the intarsia slows me down. My plan is to dedicate myself to that sleeve this week. And when it's finished, Friday or Saturday, I want to cast on for the back and run right through it. So my fingers are crossed. I guess the rain did come at a good time, it's forcing me to stay inside and knit. Not that that's a bad thing.

1 comment:

Katie Collette said...

I'm knitting a sweater at the moment too. I wouldn't be if I didn't have air conditioning though! I knitted Jesse's flames for my son a couple winters ago and it turned out great, he still wears it often in the winter.