Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Back from the Woods

We are finally home. What a trip! I went to visit my mother to help her settle my grandmother's estate. I learned that my grandmother was lowered into her vault at the exact same time that Zoe entered the world. Spooky! Seeing as how I wasn't present for the funeral, this was a chance for me to do some mourning before the holidays. It would have been too odd to get up there for xmas and have it be the first time there with out Rem. At any rate, my mother is still a mess, so I packed all of Rem's clothes for charity and cleaned out the kitchen and made dinner and cleaned up... So I'm a little beat. I didn't get much knitting done, and even less homework, as the computer flipped out a few days in, and I couldn't get on-line or use Word. So now that I'm back home I have a mountain of work.
But the trip wasn't all bad. We were there during peak color. And my Mom really enjoyed all her time with the munchkin. So did my Dad. He's already planning a xmas light extravaganza. But it was a long three weeks, with little to show for it. Pics will have to go up later. DH cleaned and I can't find my camera cord. Like I said you take the good with the bad.

No comments: