Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Invasion

I'm sitting at my kitchen table looking out the glass doors and I just noticed a huge swarm of ladybugs. At first I wasn't sure what they were but I noticed their shells sticking awkwardly out the sides as they flew around. We always have trouble with them in the fall. They like to swarm around and get in the house. Whatever you do don't smash them, they stink! Looks like we're having a bit of Indian Summer. That's what gets them going a spike in the temperature. It is a beautiful fall day though. I woke up this morning, on the couch, and when I looked up and out the window above me, I was struck by a brilliant show of orangey yellow streaking across the bright blue sky. It was just wonderful. I'm going to take the camera with us on our walk today, because our neighborhood is beautiful. There is one part in particular that I've often thought: what a beautiful picture this would be. So today it will be.
Now you may be thinking: my you sound so chipper. Well I am. I went to the movies last night, all by myself. It was a first for me, and I have to admit that I rather enjoyed it. I saw "In Her Shoes" and it was close to the book. The part they changed, wasn't completely written out, and I understand why they re-worked it. The movie would have been five hours long otherwise. By the by, Jennifer Weiner is fabulous. Everything she writes has suck truth and reality, I become engrossed as if the characters are my friends. Most of them could be. If you like realistic, humorous, fiction this is the chick to read. I'm just finishing up "Little Earthquakes" and it's like a support system for me. The characters are all new Moms, going through all the ugly new mom stuff. My timing couldn't be better! So at any rate, I'm feeling pretty good today. I also got some headway with my independent study classes. I'm getting organized which helps immensely. I may actually finish on time, if I step it up.
We have a baptism meeting tonight. So that means the munchkin needs a bath and a pretty outfit. I hope she's good at church. I have this image of her screaming when Father John holds her. She's usually very good with strangers, too good even. But this one time, will be her greatest performance, I can just tell. :) Have a good day all!

No comments: