Monday, November 07, 2005

What a Brainy Chick!

That's right! For those of you didn't know, I'm one smart cookie. Or at least the Dean seems to think so, because he keeps putting me on his list. Since it was Parents' weekend at school, the Dean threw an honors reception, where all of the students that had been on the Dean's List for the entire year were honored with a certificate and lapel pin. It was actually a pretty nice event. They ran it like a graduation ceremony. Now, I'm also a shy person, so I wasn't going to go to this event, because I might be excepted to talk to people I don't know. But DH insisted and sent in the RSVP. And he took care of the munchkin, in fact he waved her hand at me as I walked past on my way to the stage. It was so cute. Afterwards, we went to Chili's for lunch and both savored the new Decedant Filet. If you are a meat eater, I highly recommend it. Mmmmmmm! It was such a nice day. We bought a new coffee table, and DH helped me straighten the house. Sunday, I made chicken and dumplings and we got to watch the Packers. Of course they didn't play so well, but it was a treat to get to Favre play. We don't get the games here very often. I even squeezed in some knitting this weekend. I have about 5 inches of 6x1 ribbing done for Jesse's Flames (from SnB) for my little brother. I love that I can call him that, seeing as he's much taller than me. He asked me to knit him a sweater that he could pick up chicks in. His idea was a cream colored preppie item, but that's so not him. Instead I decided to knit Jesse's Flames because he is a Monster's Garage kind of guy. He figures that using me and our close relationship will work as a aphrodisiac. And here I am enabling him. What a sister, huh?

No comments: